deduction u/s 24

Can You Claim Deduction u/s 24 &Section 80C if Home Loan Borrowed From Friends or Relatives ?

The deduction of interest u/s 24 of the Income Tax Act is allowed even when the house property is self occupied . It also happens that people take loan from friends and relatives . Sujit Jha from Mumbai had asked whether the deduction of interest under section 24(b) is allowed in case of housing loan taken from the individuals and principal amount u/s 80C ?